The Northeast Key Account Manager achieves optimum sales results in assigned retail channels by managing accounts and directing all activities with the broker or retail account. This individual is also responsible for developing the annual/monthly forecast based on the company’s overall sales targets, ensuring MRO is represented in all applicable account reviews and championing the selling of new targeted accounts as agreed with the VP of Sales. This is a full-time (40 hr/wk) paid, salary-exempt, remote position. The salary range for the Northeast Key Account Manager is $75,000-85,000/year depending on location and experience.
- Plans and strategies for developing business for assigned accounts and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Plans and executes customer marketing strategies outlined by MaryRuth’s.
- Partners with Leadership to develop account target lists and strategies for securing new business targets.
- Makes store-level sales calls to secure distribution of local and regional accounts.
- Manages annual trade promotional spending in accordance with company objectives.
- Develops retailer business plans to drive profitable volume.
- Closes distribution voids and conducts formal business reviews quarterly/annually.
- Assists in developing and managing the assigned account goals for volume, distribution, merchandising, strategies, spending and profitability.
- Establishes specific sales and merchandising objectives.
- Develops sell-in of applicable innovation for assigned accounts.
- Provide Monthly/Quarterly/Annual forecasts for assigned accounts.
- Provides timely notice of market key events; launches key new items while providing comprehensive competitive activity to headquarters personnel.
- Ensures MRO is represented in all review cycles of assigned accounts as well as position MRO for submissions of assigned target accounts
- Establishes and fosters partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally
- and internally.
- Develops sales promotional plans and properly utilizes marketing funds based on established spending levels.
- Conducts retail sales meetings with brokers to ensure proper training and motivation on merchandising programs of key company items and objectives. Utilizes all tools available from our broker partners to drive sales.
- Attends trade shows and demo events as needed.
- Travels for live face-to-face meetings at retailers’ corporate offices along with online meetings.
- Travels across assigned territory to call on and secure Independent and Regional Chains.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Business, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field preferred.
- 4+ years experience in CPG sales, with experience working with distributors, brokers, and brick-and-mortar retailers in the natural channel required.
- Must have experience calling on the Natural Retail Channel brokers and distributors
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, and recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proficient in the use of syndicated data such as Nielsen, IRI, SPINs and customer portals is a plus
- within a major market of assigned geography, i.e, Greater Chicago Market.
- Must be willing and able to travel to stores and retailer headquarters (which includes overnight stays) up to 70% of the time.
- Proven track record of working and succeeding in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage and organize multiple accounts and responsibilities.
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to , carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- This role involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Sick time.
- Paid company holidays.
- Flexible vacation.
- Medical, vision, and dental (USA).
- Flexible Spending Account - FSA (USA).
- Company matched (4%) 401k (USA).
- Complimentary products from MaryRuth’s website catalog (upon 30 days of employment).
- Complimentary products as new products are released.
- Employee and immediate-family discounts on all products (upon 60 & 90 days of employment).
The Culture at MaryRuth Organics:
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, unified team that has a lot of fun and a big drive to change the world through our products. We are a health-conscious company with a focus on creating vegan and organic vitamins and supplements for everyone.
We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, MaryRuth Organics celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal-opportunity employment.
MaryRuth Organics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, hair texture and hairstyles, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.