MaryRuth’s is a dynamic, fast-growing company committed to inspiring healthy, vibrant lives. The Director of Supply Chain reporting to the COO will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet the current and future needs of the organization. This is a remote, full-time, salary exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, develop, manage, and grow all aspects of a Supply Chain consisting of Sourcing, Demand and Supply Planning, Procurement, Contract Manufacturing communication, Distribution, and Logistics teams that will deliver in a hyper-growth environment
- Maintain and execute a multi-year supply chain roadmap that aligns with company strategy and addresses opportunities for continuous process improvement, and advancement of functional capabilities and technologies
- Ensure effective prioritization and execution across the supply chain through the appropriate use of KPIs, and customer and regulatory feedback
- Maintain and evolve a robust set of departmental dashboards and KPIs to monitor and measure performance in corporate ERP tools (e.g. inventories, service levels, annual savings targets, schedule attainment, etc.)
- Anticipate, communicate and manage issues and risks to ensure tactical success and continuous learning
- Travel will be required on an as needed basis
- Additional duties as required
Supply and Capacity Planning:
- Identify opportunities for increasing profitability by assessing supplier performance, and MaryRuth’s operational performance, including, capacity utilization, scheduling, inventory management, investment, cost competitiveness, service and customer satisfaction and recommending appropriate courses of action
- Oversee Master Schedule maximize service while balancing investment and maintaining inventory safety stock targets utilizing internal planning systems
- Manage and direct teams responsible for ordering of finished goods and packaging materials ensuring effective MRP demand signals
- Ensure that all purchased materials are consistent and that materials are received in sufficient time to ensure that production schedules are not disrupted
- Lead the company’s efforts to understand, forecast, and manage demand in both the near and long term
- Clearly and succinctly communicate forecasts to the leadership team and build consensus around cross-functional efforts to accommodate demand
- Ensure rigor and reliability of forecasts by guiding the development and refinement of predictive models by analysts and technical teams
- Drive efforts to build next-generation supply and demand optimization tools
- Commission ad hoc analyses to understand significant variances from the predicted demand, and proactively provide solutions to affected stakeholders when forecasts are likely to impact their operations
Own and proactively manage global inventory and distribution systems to optimize on a year-over-year basis and align to company inventory budget, turn goals, and customer service objectives.
- Direct a high degree of collaboration with internal process partners (Innovation, Quality, Finance, Sales, as well as Supply Chain Operations) and strategic vendors
- Develop a sourcing plan to mitigate and plan for supply constraints and close the gap between demand forecasts and supply availability
- Ensure Customer Service, Contract Manufacturing, 3PL Partners, Supply Planning tools, processes, and teams are appropriately scaled and prepared to support the continued growth of the company and customer OTIF objectives
- Enable a SKU rationalization strategy that will differentiate planning and forecasting processes between core and non-core SKU’s, resulting in a significant focus to core items
- Provide leadership in identifying OPEX and COGS improvement opportunities and driving initiatives across multiple functions and divisions and leading them through execution
Lead and Develop a Supply Chain Leadership Team:
- Inspire and energize the supply chain to embrace the challenges of meeting demand in a high-growth company, and champion company-wide initiatives to improve related processes
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a contract manufacturing, logistics, supply and demand planning, and hands-on leadership roles in CPG companies
- 3+ years of experience working in the relevant functional areas in high-growth CPG environment preferred
- 2+ years of relevant executive-level experience in CPG
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to envision the future state of the business and synthesize facts and insights into concrete, actionable, strategies and plans
- Vision and creative thinking to build new supply and demand optimization capabilities for global operations
- Proven track record as an organized and trusted thought partner with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to build and develop teams, set high standards, and lead others to action
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and commitment
- Strong problem-solving skills; with ability to be a decision maker as well as contributor
- Self-directed with a demonstrated sense of accountability
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a dynamic growth-oriented business
- International experience preferred
- Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- This role involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Sick time
- Paid company holidays
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, vision, and dental (USA)
- Flexible Spending Account - FSA (USA)
- Company matched (4%) 401K (USA)
- Employee and immediate-family discount on all products (upon 60 & 90 days of employment)
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, unified team that has a lot of fun and a big drive to change the world through our products. We are primarily an E-commerce, health-conscious company with a focus on creating vegan and organic vitamins and supplements for everyone.
We believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, MaryRuth’s celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
MaryRuth’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, hair texture and hairstyles, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.